Dasuquin with MSM is a canine joint supplement that has been popular among English Bulldog owners and recommended by English Bulldog veterinarians for years. It’s also Amazon’s in .
What Makes Dasuquin® Useful for English Bulldogs?
English Bulldog Conditions Dasuquin® Treats:
- Inflammation & swelling
- Back pain
- Pain in the knees & elbows
- Other joint pain
- Hip & Elbow Dysplasia
Possible Signs of Joint Problems in English Bulldogs:
- Less active than usual.
- Avoids high-impact movements such as running or jumping.
- Difficulty with common activities.
- Favoring one leg or holding one leg up or in an awkward position.
- Slow, stiff movements or less fluidity in moving around.
- Difficulty getting in and out of your car.
- Swelling in the legs.
- Trouble going up and down stairs.
- Difficulty getting out of bed.
- Avoids being petted or playing with other dogs.
- Reluctance to move.
- Abnormal posture.
- Tiring more easily or sleeping more often than usual.
- Muscle atrophy or noticeable loss of muscle definition due to reduced movement, e.g. one leg looking smaller than the other.
- Licking, chewing or biting the affected area.
- Rapid weight gain due to less activity.
Causes of Joint Pain in English Bulldogs:
- Obesity. This is the #1 cause of joint pain for bulldogs. According to English Bulldog veterinarian Christy Berg, DVM, each lb. of body weight adds 50 lbs. of pressure to an English Bulldog’s already compromised frame.
- Genetic abnormalities (very common in bulldogs) that cause structural irregularities.
- Abnormal bone fusing during a puppy’s growth spurt.
- Elbow or hip dysplasia caused by abnormal joint development.
- Prolonged exercise on hard surfaces (concrete, hardwood floors etc.)
- Instability of the patella or ligaments in the arms and legs.
Benefits of Dasuquin®:
- Provides pain relief by adding cushioning to painful bone-to-bone contact common in English Bulldogs.
- #1 recommended brand by English Bulldog veterinarians.
- Repairs cartilage.
- Inhibits joint degeneration by blocking enzyme chemicals known to damage the joint.
- Makes playing and moving around easier and more enjoyable.
- Very safe, no known side effects.
- Helps dogs resume activity, improving overall health and keeping them flexible and mobile.
- Heals damage instead of only numbing pain.
- Shown to slow down the progression of arthritis.
- Prevents further joint problems.
- Can counteract weight gain & obesity by making activity easier & less painful.
- High quality researched ingredients.
- Available in chewable tablets or meat-flavored soft chews.
- Comprehensive joint support, acts like a multivitamin for joint related issues.
Active Ingredients in Dasuquin Chewable Tablets & Dasuquin Soft Chews
|Per Small/Med Dog Tablet||Per Large Dog Tablet|
|Glucosamine Hydrochloride* 99%||600 mg||900 mg|
|Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate*||250 mg†||350 mg†|
|Avocado/Soybean Unsaponifiables* (ASU) Powder||45 mg‡||90 mg‡|
|MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) – ONLY in Dasuquin with MSM formulation||400 mg||800 mg|
Dasuquin Chewable Tablets: Natural Liver Flavor, Dextrose, Dried Brewers Yeast, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Gum Resin, Soy Protein Isolate, Tea, Magnesium Stearate, Mixed Tocopherols, Natural And Artificial Flavoring, and Silicon Dioxide.
Dasuquin Soft Chews: Starch, Glycerin, Natural Flavor, Vegetable Oil, Polyethylene Glycol, Silicon Dioxide, Sucralose, Gum Resin, Soybean Protein Isolate, Tea, Titanium Dioxide, Mixed Tocopherols, BHA (a preservative), and BHT (a preservative).
English Bulldog Weight Chart:
|Under 60 lbs.||Over 60 lbs.||Under 60 lbs.||Over 60 lbs.|
|Under 60 lbs|
|Dog’s Weight||Initial 4-6 week administration
period (tablets per day)
level (tablets per day)
|Small to Medium Dogs||Large Dogs||Small to Medium Dogs||Large Dogs|
|Under 10 lbs||0.5||–||0.5||–|
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Does Dasuquin® Take to Work?
Dasuquin begins working in just 4-6 weeks. Daily maintenance is required to sustain its benefits.
Do I Need a Prescription to Purchase Dasuquin®
No, although Dasuquin is sold mainly through veterinarians, a prescription is not required to purchase it.
Is There Research Supporting Dasuquin®?
Yes and it was sponsored by the manufacturer. You can find a summary of Dasaquin’s published research findings here.
Are There Any Side Effect For Dasuquin®?
Fortunately there are no known side effects for Dasuquin.
How is Dasuquin® Administered?
Dasuquin can be administered as a treat or mixed in with food during mealtime.
In One Sentence How Does Dasuquin Work?
It aids in producing molecules that repair and restore cartilage which cushions impact, making it easier and less painful for your dog to move around.